Friday, August 21, 2009

Food Friday: Restaurant Quick Fixes

Hey all, another short food entry, but I promise to get these going better soon. Once classes start Monday, I will have a better idea of my schedule.

Anyway, I love going out to eat. My weight is a good indicator of that, but since I became a vegetarian (4 years now!) I have come up with a few filling way to eat and have some control over what is going into me.

1) Start with a salad. This is crucial! Salads are one of most filling/best things for you!
2) With drinks, order plain water if you can. If you REALLY need something else, go for a diet soda. Don't waste calories here.
3) Look at the appetizer menu. You can pick something from there, but if all the calorie/fat content scares you away....
4) Look at the side dish menu. When I go to red lobster, I always order Salad and a baked potato. It might not say on the menu that they do this, but remember you are PAYING these people. 9 times out of 10 they will be accommodating.

Now, you might be saying "Okay, I may have saved a bunch of calories, but I am still HUNGRY!!!" Well, with all those saved calories, you can to treat yourself to an after dinner drink or small dessert.

Neat trick huh?

What are some of your eating out tricks?

<3 Anni

No comments:

Post a Comment